Options

ULTIMATE BREWERY CLASSICS The American Pale Ale

HowardHoward Member Posts: 62
edited April 2014 in Beer Reviews

Hello All

This brew was my second attempt at Home brewing and I opened it up on the 31st of March , Now I meant to follow the instructions to the letter but I had a slight Brain Malfunction and tried to blow myself to bits with the malt extract its a long story but to say there was a lot of malt on my kitchen walls is an understatement so I add libbed a little and added a whole lump of brown sugar to the mix...... to make up for some of the lost elixir.....

Any way the rest of the brew time was quite uneventful and I was able to bottle it on the 7th of April with a ABV rating of 6% .........

I did use a packet of finings on the brew two days before bottling and I used two coopers carbonation drops in each 500ml bottle... 

I stored one brew in a clear glass 500ml bottle for tasting and opened it today.......

Well I can only say a big thumbs up to this beer It is still young but it really tasted .....Well it tasted like beer It had a nice head and carbonation with it and it was super clear, hardly any sediment in the bottom of the bottle......So in a few more weeks I can only see this getting better....

It may not be the Cheapest Beer Kit on the market but I have nothing but high praise for this beer. . . .

I managed to fill 41 bottles of 500ml size.....  and as a Complete Novice to beer making this year Its a Big thumbs Up from me....

I have now brewed three beers in the Ultimate Brewery Classics Range and The first was the Octoberfest which I have put away for the long haul and also the German Pilsner which I hope to give a taste test next weekend.....

But as stated If you want to try a pale ale then this could well be the one to go for.....

:-bd

Comments