Options

Enough Time?

Happy to announce my last brew (a mango IPA) ended up a very nice beer, so nice in fact I have been asked by friends and family to get another brew on the go. I don't want to just do the same beer again and was considering doing the Brewferm Christmas Beer kit. I know Brewferm benefits from quite a long time the bottle so my question is, has anyone made it and do I have enough time between now and Xmas to have it ready?

Comments

• Options
    HBO_StaffHBO_Staff Administrator Posts: 2,115
    Great news on the mango IPA, the only trouble is now you have to keep a regular supply going for your fans. As you say the Brewferm and most other beers benefit from time to condition in the bottles/barrel, darker beers especially, if you brew it soon though this will give it time to be ready for Christmas. Every year we try to get the Christmas beers in stock around June/July so people can brew them in good time and leave to condition, but the suppliers/manufacturers never have it available until around now - or even later, this week we still cannot get some of them.

The Brewferm we have made turned out really well, with some of them being smaller batches you can even double up the tins/other ingredients to make a double batch if wanted
  • Options
    WCGWCG Member Posts: 120
    I made some of the Christmas Ale last year, and very drinkable it is too.
    As per my product review, I made a doubled-up batch of it ( 2 cans for about 13L )
    If started now it should easily be ready for Christmas, although it can take a while to settle.
    Don't know how long it's supposed to keep for, but I'm still drinking it some 9 months or so after I bottled it.
  • Options
    BUDFORCEBUDFORCE Member Posts: 275
    I don't think it'll go off any time soon, particularly if it's in sealed bottles, provided you sterilised everything properly I don't see why it wouldn't last years in bottles.
    Beer League: 1. Young's - American Pale Ale 2. Bulldog Brews - Imperial Red Bad Cat 3. Young's - IPA 4. Young's - American Amber Ale 5. Bulldog Brews - Evil Dog Double IPA