Options

Wine Buddy Zinfandel Rosé

pbrompbrom Member Posts: 5
I have recently completed a 30 bottle kit of Wine buddy Zinfandel Rosé. Initial SG was 1.08. Final SG was 0.94. Calculation was: Start Sg - EndSg*131.25. This gave an ABV of 19.69. It lives up to the result! 1 glass and I wouldn't go anywhere near my car. I would suggest that the instruction to add 4Kg of sugar be amended.
However, I cannot complain about the wine itself. It has a pleasant fruity flavour, is an excellent wine to drink with white meat or salads, and is best served chilled. I would recommend 1 hour in fridge before serving.

Comments

• Options
    HBO_StaffHBO_Staff Administrator Posts: 2,115
    The initial hydrometer reading does sound on the high side so it may be a rogue reading, usually the WineBuddy when made with the recommended amount of sugar will come out at around 12 to 14% in strength, and it is great news it came out tasting good
  • Options
    pbrompbrom Member Posts: 5
    I have a reservation about using the Zinfandel name. The Zinfandel grape is a black variety, whereas the Wine Buddy "Zinfandel Rosé" initial fermentation was a white variety. The flavouring and colouring is added after the initial fermentation.
    Nonetheless, it is a fine wine, colour is good, flavour is ok and will make a nice cool drink when summer finally arrives. I'm just concerned about Wine Buddy calling it Zinfandel.