Options

Young's (American Craft Brewing Beer Kits) IPA

BUDFORCEBUDFORCE Member Posts: 275
http://www.home-brew-online.com/beer-kits-c1/american-ipa-beer-kit-p1487

Makes a clean crisp quite pale coloured beer, perfectly clear. Pure white head and fizzy enough using just one priming drop per 500ml bottle.

The brew also totally foamed over with yeast when I brewed it initially, and looking at a review on the site it seems I am not the only one, so be warned with this one, it will make a mess!

The beer is fantastic though, as to be expected - their American Pale Ale kit is still my favourite to date. The guys make very high qaulity beer kits and I simply have not had better beer anywhere else.

This is beer is sharper, more citrus and slightly more bitter then its American Pale Ale counterpart, which is slightly darker and more full bodied and fruity, but not quite as sharp or bitter, in terms of hoppyness, they are about on par.

Given the choice, I'd take the APA over this IPA, but that is purely personal choice and this is still a superb beer. I'm going to try their new Red India Ale soon, so will report in due course.

Beer League: 1. Young's - American Pale Ale 2. Bulldog Brews - Imperial Red Bad Cat 3. Young's - IPA 4. Young's - American Amber Ale 5. Bulldog Brews - Evil Dog Double IPA

Comments