Options

Coopers Real ale

ajbajb Member Posts: 38
Hi, Got this as part of my first kit. after wanting to dip my toe in the home brew experience. I have to say it is a very good beer, only after making it did I realise I could alter the sugar content to make it a little less strong and more of a session beer. it has a nice round taste which gets better the longer you leave it in the bottle. and very quick to brew (7 days in FV and 7 in bottle) so much so I bought some more as well as woodforde wherry, and a pride of London porter kit

Comments

• Options
    HBO_StaffHBO_Staff Administrator Posts: 2,115
    You're off to a flying start and there are some good beer choices there too. If you want to alter the strength it may alter the flavour a little, but as a guide you can either add more sugar or use less water if wanting to make it stronger in alcohol (or a combination of both), if wanting to make weaker then add less sugar or make to a slightly larger volume by mixing with more water. Many of the beer ingredients aim to be around 4 to 4.5% although most say the strength you will achieve if making to the manufacturer's instructions, there are stronger beers and lagers available too, especially some of the newer American style beers