Options

Ultimate Brewery Classics Lashings Traditional Ginger beer

PattyPatty Member Posts: 34
Hi all ,
Phil My Hubby bought a Ultmate Brewery Classics Lashings Traditional Ginger Beer for me last week. 
We have started it on the 5th July , and the brew is in our fermenting tub. We shall be bottling it in a few days time .........In our house we have both Maxale priming drops and medium spray malt. Which one do you think I should use to prime the bottles and how much per bottle. 
Up to now I have been drinking Simply Ginger beer which is great but I fancied a change because even though I just use one Maxale priming drop per bottle it is a bit too sweet for me.

Any info would be very much appreciated! :)

Regards Patty 

is it best to add priming drops to the bottles or  
Cheers,
 Patty :)
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    HBO_StaffHBO_Staff Administrator Posts: 2,115
    Hi Patty, if you already have a bag of spraymalt then this is great for priming, it can be an expensive way to do it though but it adding a level teaspoon per 500ml bottle should give good results, if using the Maxale Priming Drops then one per 500ml bottle for a little fizz or up to two to give it more carbonation. Both will give good results, the drop are much easier to get into the bottle neck which is why we like them, keep the bottles somewhere at a good room temperature for a few days to help the priming sugar dissolve and then they can be moved somewhere a few degrees cooler to help them clear. 

We have a batch of this new Ultimate Brewery Lashings Ginger Beer just bottled a week ago (we used a heaped teaspoon of brewing sugar per 500ml bottle as that was what we had to hand at the time) and the bottles are firming up nicely, we intend to leave it for a good few weeks but may sample one in a couple of weeks time as we're keen to try it!
  • Options
    Thanks for your info! 
    I will go for the spray malt. Phil and I always work together with the brewing and bottling etc so it won't make it any harder to use the funnel to put the spray malt in the bottles! 
    Must admit , I can't wait to taste this Ginger beer myself! Phil brews Muntons Old English bitter for himself    so the Ginger beer is all mine!! 
    :D
    Cheers,
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Hi Patty, if two of you can do the bottling it does make it much faster, let us know what you think to the ginger beer wont you, if it's as good as what we think it might be then you wont want to share any with Phil!
  • Options
    Will let you know!
    Cheers,
  • Options
    Hi,
     Have you tasted your Lashings Ginger beer yet?
    Waiting to try mine!!

Regards,

Patty 
    Cheers,
  • Options
    Hi Patty, we did risk having an early sample and it was not ready, it wasn't carbonated and lacked much of the fuller flavours so needs leaving for a few more weeks yet. It was still quite early for it but we were impatient and should have just waited! Let us know your verdict when you're ready to sample yours....
  • Options
    Thanks for that! 
    I am not going to try mine yet then ..................will wait longer!
    Cheers,
  • Options
    Agreed, don't waste a precious bottle like we did!