Options

5L Mini Keg System

I have spent the day pondering whether or not to try out the mini keg system and was wondering if anyone has used them and there experience with then good and bad. I'm not yet at the stage were i can justify a Cornelius Keg system and thought these would be a good stop gap until I get round to building a garden bar.

Comments

• Options
    HBO_StaffHBO_Staff Administrator Posts: 2,115
    There are few different options for storing and dispensing your brew, one which is very popular is a top tap King Keg with the sparkler tap upgrade, although due to it's size it can't be popped in the ridge;

The sparkler tap really enhances the brew as it is poured into your glass
  • Options
    BartManBartMan Member Posts: 4
    Yeah I do have the king keg with sparkler tap which I bought from home brew online but as you say it is rather large and won't even fit in my American style fridge with the tap on it and is really only of use in the colder months of the year when I can store it in the attic. Thought about the 9L pressure barrel but seems rather pricey giving the fact the 25L is only a few pounds more, so the small Brewferm Mini Kegs seem like a good alternative.
  • Options
    HBO_StaffHBO_Staff Administrator Posts: 2,115
    We must admit we have not seen these to test but it looks like they could be quite handy, just make sure you get the tap with it or it may be hard to get at your beer! We're not sure why the smaller plastic barrels are nearly the same cost as the larger version, they are handy for the fridge but most people seem to bottle so they can chill a few at a time