Options

Cider

I have to say. I have now brewed up a second batch of John bulls cider. My first lot did not turn out well at all. Nasty taste and smell. After speaking to hbo staff they really did great advice and steered me right so I tried the John bulls cider again came out absolutely brill even my mates enjoy the taste and everything. My big question is I am looking to brew more but would like some suggestions from everyone as to a good cider brew. Might look at lagers and beers later but have heard they have a lot of faffing about to them so not sure at the moment. Any suggestions are very welcome. Thanks mike

Comments

• Options
    HBO_StaffHBO_Staff Administrator Posts: 2,115
    If making flat cider then you don't need to secondary ferment, secondary fermentation is when you have primed the bottles with sugar and this then dissolves and ferments which will produce the carbonation. As you will not be adding any priming sugar there is nothing else to ferment out, and the cider will stay flat. When you are sure the fermentation has finished it can be bottled, and left to condition in the bottles