Options

Ultimate Brewery Classics English Porter Kit questions

andyodellandyodell Member Posts: 20

Hello

I have a Ultimate Brewery Classics English Porter Kit which I plan to do very soon.

Looking at the instructions there is no mention of when to add the hop oil bottles. 

Also there are 2 bottles included, both marked somthing like "Hop character A"  Is it correct that these are both the same, or is this purley marked a packing guide or should I have 2 different bottles.

Lastly do I take a reading after the hop oil is added?

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    HBO_StaffHBO_Staff Administrator Posts: 2,115
    The hop oils should be added just before the yeast, after you have added the cold water and topped up to the full volume. The hop bottles will be the same, and both could be added, you don't have to use them both but the flavour will not be as it was intended. The reading can be taken just before you add the yeast
  • Options
    andyodellandyodell Member Posts: 20
    HBO_Staff said:
    The hop oils should be added just before the yeast, after you have added the cold water and topped up to the full volume. The hop bottles will be the same, and both could be added, you don't have to use them both but the flavour will not be as it was intended. The reading can be taken just before you add the yeast

Thank you.  I always like to include everything that they give you so it tastes as intended, after that I sometimes try to change things, so I will add both bottles.

Do I stir them in or just pour ontop?

Thanks again

• Options
    HBO_StaffHBO_Staff Administrator Posts: 2,115
    That is a good way of knowing how the brews taste to begin with, then if you want to you can experiment and tweak to your liking, once the hop oil is added give it a good stir to mix in, then add the yeast