Options

My home brew cider

This is my first time brewing and think I screwed up followed all instructions and bottled it has set for a week but the temp was only about 12-14 degrees was this to cold, can I warm it up for a secondary ferment or should I leave please help

Comments

• Options
    Mike77Mike77 Member Posts: 19
    Also did have a try taste yeastie is this cause it to early or cause I screwed up storage and it was to cold
  • Options
    HBO_StaffHBO_Staff Administrator Posts: 2,115
    As long as it had finished fermenting before you bottled it you should be fine, we suggest leaving the bottles somewhere warm for between a few days up to a week, this helps the priming sugar dissolve and 'secondary ferment'. It can then be moved somewhere a few degrees cooler. If it is kept somewhere cold it will take longer to secondary ferment, you can move it back somewhere warm, then leave it for a week perhaps, then back to somewhere cooler. If using plastic bottles they will feel hard to the touch once carbonated, and the beer will clear which is a sign it is about ready to drink. Having it cold wont usually harm the beer, but it can mean it takes longer to condition in the bottles