Options

Christmas Brew

BobJobBobJob Member Posts: 6
I'm thinking about doing a Christmassy cider in time for the big day.

Have I left it too late?

Is it possible to add some herbs & spices etc to make it taste more Christmassy?

Something similar to a mulled cider?

Or am I better off just making normal cider and mulling it the usual way to add the xmas edge?

What do people usually add to cider when mulling it?

Comments

• Options
    HBO_StaffHBO_Staff Administrator Posts: 2,115
    This is the time when people think about spicing up their cider and making more christmassy as you say, you do need to brew it asap though to have a chance of it being ready. There are sachets of flavourings which you can add, and you can experiment with things such as cinnamon sticks. There is an On The Rocks limited edition spiced apple cider, they say to serve it chilled but you may be able to mull it. It is not on sale though as it has been just too busy to list, but if you wanted to order one we can do that for you, just buy one of these on this link and email us straight after ordering at sales@home-brew-online.co.uk and we'll swap it for the spiced apple cider version;

It makes 40 pints at 5.9% and needs 1.3kgs of sugar adding to ferment, then a little more sugar to prime the bottles if bottling or barrelling