Options

woodfordes wherry with citra

killerklown88killerklown88 Member Posts: 10
i have some wherry that i want to tweak with citra. can someone please help on the best way to do this.also i wouldnt mind using some spray malt in it as well. any ideas, suggestions, tips etc would be ace.

Comments

• Options
    HBO_StaffHBO_Staff Administrator Posts: 2,115
    Tweaking a beer with hops is quite a good way of making it to your personal preference and there are some great and easy ways to do this. You can either add hops into the fermenting vessel and then filter out later, or you can use the hop teabags which can be easy and less mess, either by adding directly to the fermenting vessel and allowing to infuse, or by placing in hot water to allow it to hydrate and make a 'hop tea' and then pouring the liquid and the hop teabag into the fermenting vessel, instructions are on the pack;

If you decide to add spraymalt to a 3kg kit such as a Wherry, then just bear in mind it has all the sugars already included, so the additional spraymalt or enhancer will increase the alcohol content. You can choose from the variety of spraymalts, some are hopped to add more flavour, and they can be added to the brew at the first stage in the fermenting vessel. This will increase the flavour and strength. Some people also prime their barrels/bottles with spraymalt, once opened though it will go sticky after coming into contact with the air, so either seal it up well or use the rest quickly;

• Options
    killerklown88killerklown88 Member Posts: 10
    many thanks for the reply,if i was to also prime bottles with spraymalt,how much should i use.i assume if i was to do this no priming sugar would be needed?
  • Options
    HBO_StaffHBO_Staff Administrator Posts: 2,115
    You can use spraymalt to prime bottles, but use it instead of sugar, at a similar rate to sugar, so often a teaspoon for beers, and a heaped teaspoon for lagers as a guide