Options

Burst pouch of stout :(

just a heads up ...
i ordered 10 x Simply stout a couple of days ago, i can't fault the price, they were cheap as chips.
but packing 10 together in the same box 1 on top of the other isn't good, the bottom one burst sending the contents out over the other 9 pouches, to say it made a mess is an understatement,
not only have i lost out on one item that i payed for, but i've spent the best part of the last hour cleaning the remaining 9 pouches, my living room rug and my kitchen !

Neil.

Comments

• Options
    MreddsterMreddster Member Posts: 60
    edited May 2013
    Hope you called these guys first before posting then? They are great at helping you out :)
  • Options
    HBO_StaffHBO_Staff Administrator Posts: 2,115
    edited May 2013
    If you email us with details of the order we will of course send you a replacement out, we're sorry to hear of the damage unfortunately it does occasionally happen, and we know how messy the malt extract can be when a pouch or tin leaks, it's not pleasant. Just email us details at sales@home-brew-online.co.uk so we can resolve for you.

Plenty of people have been stocking up at this price buying loads at a time, and the deal wont last much longer as some of them are nearly sold out
  • Options
    neilmccaneilmcca Member Posts: 4
    Thanks for that,
    but i wasn't hunting for a replacement, the kits are still very cheap even taking into account one burst,
    and i will probably order more from your shop before the "Simply" kits revert back to their usual price,
    i apologise for posting here, i should have emailed first, i just felt the urge to vent !

thanks again.

Neil.
  • Options
    HBO_StaffHBO_Staff Administrator Posts: 2,115
    No problem Neil, we're more than happy to replace for you, if you like and decide to place another order just email us afterwards and we'll add another Stout on for you. The pouches have many advantages and we like them, but when they burst they really make a mess, we know from experience, but thankfully it is rare and the couriers are usually very good and careful. Tins are better from that point of view, but are not without problems and we have had rare cases of them leaking too, the biggest problem is dents though