Options

Simply Yorkshire Bitter

Hi everyone

Just joined the forum after ordering a few kits online. Started with the Simply Yorkshire bitter. All going well with fermentation and very frothy head on beer. Now been in fermentation vessel for about a week and I've just taken my first reading with a hydrometer. 1010 at the moment. All signs of fermentation have stopped. If this is the same reading for the next couple of days do you think its ok to start bottling? As I thought I needed a lower reading of about 1006 or below to start bottling beer.

Many thanks for your help.

johnandbex

Comments

• Options
    HBO_StaffHBO_Staff Administrator Posts: 2,115
    With the Simply kits we don't think they give a reading but after brewing at around the recommended temperature for 8 to 10 days, check the reading 24 hours apart, and if it is stable then you can go ahead and bottle. It sounds like your reading is pretty low already, but if in doubt give it another day to be sure, especially if transferring to bottles to be on the safe side
  • Options
    johnandbexjohnandbex Member Posts: 2

Thanks for the quick reply. I'll give it another couple of days (to be on the safe side,) and check with hydrometer each day to see if readings are stable, then bottle it.

Thanks again.

johnandbex