Options

beer smell

how do i  get the smell of the homebrew to smell - the same as the commercial shop bought beers....instead of having that "homebrew" smell - taste is always good but seems to me that when i open a bottle it smells homebrewy

Comments

• Options
    HBO_StaffHBO_Staff Administrator Posts: 2,115
    This can vary with the brands, some use different ingredients which may make the difference, and you cold try glass bottles if using plastic as an experiment. Kits such as the 'Ultimate Brewery' range may be worth making as a trial and see what you think to the results
  • Options
    abominogabominog Member Posts: 2

i have recently changed to glass bottles for two more brews, and the brews have been the milestone ones with no added sugar, as i thought it maybe the brewing sugar, would adding a spraymalt do the trick or not

thanks

• Options
    HBO_StaffHBO_Staff Administrator Posts: 2,115
    With Milestone 3kg kits you don't need to add any sugars/enhancers/spraymalts apart from to prime the bottles, but you could if you wanted, it would increase the strength though. They are all made by Muntons so trying another brand may work for you, the Ultimates come from Briess, although Muntons are behind many kits and are extremely popular due to the quality