Options

brewing sugar, enhancer, spray malts.

i have already made a batch of Australian pale ale and it went reasonably well, now i am looking to make a batch of cerveza ready for summer, my question is what type/brand of sugar, enhancer spray malt would work well with a cerveza?
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    HBO_StaffHBO_Staff Administrator Posts: 2,115
    edited May 2013
    As with any beer or lager, Cerveza will benefit from being made using an enhancer or spraymalts, it gives it better body and flavour, and will much improve any ingredients kit which needs sugar adding by using in the place of sugar. It does cost more than sugar, but the results are much improved. Brewing sugar will ferment more quickly and more cleanly than ordinary sugar. If it is the Coopers Cerveza then they recommend Coopers Enhancer 2 but they would recommend their own of course. They have 2 styles of enhancer and this is the one they think is best suited, but you could use either. As a guide Enhancer 2 is for when you want a slightly fuller, maltier flavour, Enhancer 1 is for lighter beers and lagers. Muntons also make an enhancer, and a range of spraymalts. Usually people use Coopers Enhancer 1 or 2, it's personal preference, you wont go wrong with either, this is the one that Coopers say on the Cerveza tin to use;

Just by the way, the new range of beer kits called 'Bulldog' has a Cerveza in it, they are full kits which need nothing adding, just water, and have all ingredients included in the price;
  • Options
    MreddsterMreddster Member Posts: 60
    Just done a Coopers Mexican Cerveza. Used Brew enhancer No1 and I'm very happy with the results so far :D  Only been in the bottles for 3 weeks but tried one yesterday as I have no patience to wait lol and was pleasantly surprised. I do think the enhancer has made a good difference.  Highly recommend it!