Options

Any chance HBO staf can ask other Gluten Free customers

.....to make comments on how they found the GF beer please?

Comments

• Options
    HBO_StaffHBO_Staff Administrator Posts: 2,115
    We can add a new question on the forum and see if any other brewers will share their experiences with you, no problem
  • Options
    joyellenjoyellen Member Posts: 1
    hello, I tried the 'gone with the wheat' range in January this year and bottled as I have done before with other kits. However although the beer clears ok and the colour is good the sediment hasn't 'fixed' completely at the bottom of the bottle. Its been in a cool dark place now for about three months, but still the sediment  moves when the bottle is lifted up to open and pour. Should I leave it even longer or abandon the project and start again?
  • Options
    It varies on the brew and the yeast used, and also how much sediment got into the bottles when they were filled, as to how it is in the bottles. We would try pouring the beer out very carefully, in one long pour in a slow action, and avoid tipping up and down if possible, and see if it could be poured with minimal disturbance. We're not sure how much more it will settle now, we tried one and it wasn't that compacted either, but it didn't taste yeasty. You could try chilling in a fridge before pouring as this sometimes helps
  • Options
    platosplatos Member Posts: 24
    the sediment from my experience won't fix as normal beers as I have left my German GF for 8 weeks. HBO staff is right pour in one go and slowly leaving the bottom inch or so.It's GF so won't behave the same as ordinary larger's.I have transferred the larger from a dark cupboard in the garage and left it in the fridge for a few days but it makes only a little difference.This has been my experience with the German larger.I found it better drunk topped with a bit of lemonade.

See my experience so far with the Czech Larger.

• Options
    edited May 2013