Options

Bottle cappers - which one to use?

Dear HBO, I prefer bottling my brews as it is handy for taking them round to people's houses for BBQ's (in the snow!) etc. I have been using Coopers PET bottles but have just discovered that you sell your own at fantastic value for money! My question is if you lot were doing this yourselves which capper would you use, there are 2 available on here?

Comments

• Options
    HBO_StaffHBO_Staff Administrator Posts: 2,115

Hi Dave, the crown cap PET plastic bottles are great, they are what we use and not only look good, but have that satisfying feel when you open with a bottle opener. There are two cappers that are suitable, the black one is the one we recommend, it is cheaper and is pefect for the job. The red 'Emily' version is more expensive and is very similar, perhaps a little sturdier, but we include the black one in our kits as it is the one we use and like; http://home-brew-online.myshopify.com/collections/all/products/bottle-capper-for-crown-bottle-caps

There is also a table top capper which is great, but cannot be used with the plastic bottles due to the way it applies a strong downward force, although all three types can be used on glass bottles too