Options

Help with Hydrometer reading

dave57dave57 Member Posts: 3

I'm using coopers Lager kit, after removing the krausen coller after first 3 days, left it stand for the next 6 days tested after 6th day which was the 30th of Jan and from that day to this day the 3rd of feb im getting a reading of 1.012 and its been like that for 5 days . I know its got to get 1.008. but its not moving . can i bottle now or should i wait. Thank for any help.

Comments

• Options
    HBO_StaffHBO_Staff Administrator Posts: 2,115
    edited February 2013
    It sounds like your reading is going to get as low as it will, as long as you are at a good warm temperature. You could try giving it a gentle stir and leave it for another couple of days, this will make sure. As long a it is constant and not changing, and all signs of any small bubbles rising through the liquid to the surface have completley stopped, you will be OK to bottle. There may be a slight discrepancy with your hydrometer reading for some reason, and sometimes they just will not go any lower, but you're about there and 5 days is a good waiting time
  • Options

hi.. HBO_STAFF

thanks for your help with my hydro readings bottled my brew today will see in 3 weeks time

dave57

• Options
    HBO_StaffHBO_Staff Administrator Posts: 2,115
    We'd love to hear a review of how it turns out
  • Options

hi_staff

review on how my beer turned out opened one bottle to night after 22 days clear as a bell good head on it  tastes spot on very happy man  

dave57