Options

Stage 3 of a 4 week wine kit

acecaz123acecaz123 Member Posts: 17

Hi, I have a 4 week wine kit which is due to be siphoned on the 30th Jan (ready for degassing), provided the SG is under 0.995. It is already reading 0.993 and has been fermenting at 24c since we started it. The SG has not changed for 3 days now and there has been no bubbling...its quite settled on top. My question is that I have some work being carried out and its going to need to be moved on 27 or 27 Jan, so 3/4 days early. Would I be best to siphon it or leave it to settle again for a few extra days?

Many thanks for your help.

Comments

• Options
    HBO_StaffHBO_Staff Administrator Posts: 2,115
    Because the reading is nice and low, and has been constant for a few days now, the fermentation is complete and you can move on to the next stage if you like. The nice warm brewing temperature will have helped this no doubt. One thing to bear in mind is that the sediment may not be as compacted as it may otherwise have been after a few more days. So you can do either, it is perhaps a good idea to move on to the next stage in this situation with the results you have, and let us know how the wine turns out, ideally with a review!
  • Options
    acecaz123acecaz123 Member Posts: 17
    Thank you. I did suspect that it would be complete and ready to move. I will do so at the weekend and leave you a review.