Options

Forgot to add.....

Hi, I started a 28 day wine brew 4 days ago, I leave the hydrometer in it so I can monitor the progress, which, to this point is nil. Its been at 22 degrees. After scratching my head, re-reading the instructions and going through everything left in the box, I found a small (But important) pack of yeast.....Don't laugh too much, its only my 3rd wine brew. So, I have now added the rather important packet, and I am assuming (and praying) that no harm will have been done by the previous omission??

Many thanks.

Comments

• Options
    HBO_StaffHBO_Staff Administrator Posts: 2,115

You are best to add the yeast as quickly as possible and hope for the best, the yeast gets to work and stops anything else causing problems with the wine, so by forgetting the yeast it is possible it could be become infected, but hopefully you will be OK. If it is spoiled you will probbaly be able to tell by a strange off smell or vinegar etc, but we recommend you carry on as usual and keep an eye on it, and all being well it will turn out fine. Just check it for very strong off-smells when you bottle, although it is common for it to smell and taste unusual in the early stages before the full flavours develop properly.

It's just one of those things and you're not the first to forget the yeast, let us know how you get on