Options

Bottle rinser and drainer tree...opinions please.

acecaz123acecaz123 Member Posts: 17

Hi, I am thinking of getting the bottle rinser and drainer tree, but wanted opinions first.

Firstly, the rinser, when you use it with steriliser that needs rinsing, do you repeat the process with clear water? If so, how efficient is it?

With the tree, is it designed to hold wine bottles or just 500ml plastic ones? It doesn't look sturdy enough to hold 40+ wine bottles so wondered if anyone has tried it. Does it have suction to hold it down??

Thank you very much. x

Comments

• Options
    HBO_StaffHBO_Staff Administrator Posts: 2,115

The rinsers and trees are very handy of you are doing quite a few bottles at once, especially the trees. What many people do is just as you say, use a steriliser solution to clean the bottles with the rinser, then swap the solution for clean water and rinse them. This means that you only use a much smaller amount of sterlilser solution and clean water.

The drainers are available in 45 and 80 bottle versions, the 45 version revolves but the 80 bottle is the same price (but does not revolve). If using heavy glass bottles it does make it very heavy, so with glass you have to be careful and not overload and load evenly, but with plastic there is no such risk. The base is large and makes the drainers sturdy which helps. There are genuine customer reviews on the bottom of each page for the drainers and rinser, just scroll down to the bottom, a couple are here (pretty much all reviews are 5 star);

When combined with the bottle rinser this almost makes sterilising bottles fun. Three or four squirts of non-rinse steriliser then on to the tree to drain. The base is designed to collect any drainings and avoid soaking the floor. After use just dismantle the tree and put it away.

Ok, you bottle beer, yes? you NEED one of these! I thought it was a bit overkill, but you develop a system very quickly when washing, sterilising and rinsing your bottles. It is very heavy with 40 glass bottles on board as you'd expect, but with 40 plastic bottles its a joy! Happy camper!!

The whole sterilising, rinsing, draining process used to take hours. I got this and the Bottle Rinser and now me and my 4yo son are a well-oiled but morally-dubious machine when it comes to bottling beer.

The bottle rinser does the sterilising, the sink does the rinsing, then the bottle is plopped onto this (on the draining board, although it has a tray to catch the drips) to drain in its own time. No doing bottles in batches, no shaking drips out of bottles with slimy hands that mean you drop them in the sink.

Just note that the rinser is a bit more awkward to use with plastic bottles as they have a smaller neck than glass bottles

• Options
    acecaz123acecaz123 Member Posts: 17

Hi HBO,

Thank you for your reply, I am always very impressed with the swiftness and detail that you give to help people who are new and need help.