Options

Finlandia Premium Lager

tommyctommyc Member Posts: 4

Started fermentation 02/10/12, used 1kg brewing sugar initial reading of 1035, after 7 days got a constant reading of 1004 so put it in bottles. Half the bottles i did with 2 carbonation drops the other half with 1 level teaspoon of sugar. After 1 month (Begining of fermentation to present) the lager is clear and the taste is quite good, the ones with carbonation drops are more to my preference as the one with 1 level teaspoon of sugar could of done with maybe a heaped teaspoon.

After nearly 2 months (todays date 28/11/12) the lager is very good but could probably be a bit more flavoursome, my personal taste goes towards carlsberg export and stella type lagers. 

Comments

• Options
    HBO_StaffHBO_Staff Administrator Posts: 2,115
    Thanks for the review, try an enhancer instead of sugar next time as this will give the lager more depth of flavour and improved body and head, a Coopers brew enhancer would do the trick. Coopers also do a European Lager best made with a kg of brew enhancer 2, but it needs leaving in the bottles at least 12 weeks, ideally more, for the flavours to properly develop. We really loved the Better Brew Export Lager made with a kg of enhancer and primed with a heaped teaspoon of sugar per 500ml bottle, it had good fizz and a great flavour