Options

Festival London Porter

dogmangunnydogmangunny Member Posts: 19
Thanks for my prize. It is in the barrel and ready to drink 4 December. Will let you all know how it is.

Comments

• Options
    Tomorrow I will be drawing my first pint!
  • Options
    A very dark bitter chocolate flavour. Looks like a stout. I like it.
  • Options
    JohnBJohnB Member Posts: 11
    This was the first Festival kit which I've brewed and I've been really pleased with both the quality of the kit and the beer.

For beginners, the instructions are clear and concise - there's none the worrying 'what do they mean by this?'. Everything you'll need including hop pellets and a syphon bag are included. Brewing was fun and it smelled great when adding the hops after five days.

Given the time of year I allowed 10 days for secondary fermentation and then left it in the garage for three weekls to condition. Brought up to 12 Deg.C the first bottled opened with a satisfying hiss and poured almost jet black with a long lasting dark beige head. Mouthfeel was firm, almost oily, and and it tasted as a porter should with hints of chocolate vand coffee.

I fear 40 pints will disappear too quickly so, although I mostly make extract brew now, Festival kits are definitely on my shopping list. Highly recommended.