Options

A good red wine

Hi i am a red wine brewer and have only tried one type and although the out come was satisfactory i would like to hear from other brewers as to what the best red wines are, so i dont have to work through kit by kit,

Look forward to comments   Bob

Comments

• Options
    HBO_StaffHBO_Staff Administrator Posts: 2,115
    edited November 2012
    Hi Bob, we think it's fair to say that you generally get what you pay for with wine kits, much like shop bought wine, the cheaper kits can make some good wine and are popular, such as WineBuddy and Solomon Grundy, but they often need sugar adding which adds to the cost. We put togather a starter pack which we think is a great starting point, and include a choice of wine ingredients from the Cellar 7 range. This range is very popular and has many repeat customers, works out at around £1 a bottle and requires no sugar adding, just water. The next range up takes you on to Beaverdale and California Connoisseur which again are very good and popular, but have the advantage of having both 6 and 30 bottle sizes which some prefer. After that you move on to the likes of Kenridge, and can even get ingredients with crushed grape skins, these kits can start to get expensive, from £50 to £100 for 30 bottles, but we do find that once people have tried them they do repeatedly buy them, and at around £3 or so a bottle for the most expensive, it would put many expensive shop bought wines to shame