Options

Bottled!

Hi team. I just thought I'd let you know I have bottled my apple and blackberry cider today. It looks pretty good, there doesn't seem to be much if any sediment transferred so any now will come from carbonation. I'm hoping the taste will improve with racking.

I'm going to try to leave it a few months but I'll let you know how I get on!

Thanks for all the help : )
Alex

Comments

• Options
    HBO_StaffHBO_Staff Administrator Posts: 2,115
    What you will find is that the cider will now carbonate as the priming sugar you added to each bottle secondary ferments, and that the flavours will begin to properly develop. In the early stages (as with most beers and lagers too) the flavours will not be at their best, but allowing it to condition in the bottles for as long as possible will allow it to improve. It will also clear now, and any sediment left will collect in the bottom of the bottles, but it sounds like this will be minimal as you have left most of it behind which is good. You could always try one after a few weeks, then leave it a few weeks more and see the difference. Ideally once bottled leave it in a warm room for a week which helps the secondary fermentation get gping, then move it somewhere cooler. This helps it clear and condition. Keep us posted on the results....