Options

My Basket...Yeast included?

stubrustubru Member Posts: 1
I currently have "Coopers Mexican Cerveza", Finlandia Premium Lager", "Coopers Brew Enhancer 1&2" and some brewing sugar in my basket...
My question is, will I need to buy yeast too or is it included as part of all(or any?) of the kits?
I realise you only need either the brew enhancer or the brewing sugar - i've picked extra as i'm expecting a kit of some description as an Xmas present that will require some brewing sugar.
I realise they probably won't as they are the cheaper kits, but just wanted to clarify before ordering

Comments

• Options
    HBO_StaffHBO_Staff Administrator Posts: 2,115

The good news is NO! Pretty much all beers and lagers come supplied with the right yeast by the manufacturers, and this includes Coopers and Finlandia. They are under the  lid in most cases, often with the instructions. What some people prefer to do is to discard the yeast which comes with them, and upgrade to a premium yeast such as Danstar, this has various benefits such as better compacting sediment, but the majority of brewers use the yeast which comes with the brews.

By making your kits such as the Coopers with a brew enhancer instead of sugar, you will get better results and we do recommend using them for best results, let us know how you get on....