Options

She Wants Wine

BaronVanDuckBaronVanDuck Member Posts: 1
edited October 2012 in Wine Making

Hello,

Firstly thanks very much for all the advise you have given me recently with the Coopers Aussie, Cerveza & now Wheat Beer, much appreciated.

After the Wheat has finished i have the Canadian Blonde... Then the Wife wants me to make her some Pinot...

I have the Beer Kit, will i be able to make the Wine up in the Primary Barrel then when ready transfer straight to bottle using my little bottler?

Cheers

Si

Comments

• Options
    HBO_StaffHBO_Staff Administrator Posts: 2,115
    edited October 2012

Wine is usually slightly different as it is a 2 stage process in the vessels, so both our wine equipment packs come with 2 vessels. There is no reason why you couldn't use some of the equipment you have, and add to it if needed, rather than buy another set of equipment which would have duplicate items in it. It may be worth checking out our listing on this link below, you could then see what equipment is included as it lists it all, and then compare it to what equipment you have already;

http://home-brew-online.myshopify.com/collections/starter-kits/products/home-brew-online-starter-equipment-pack-wine-30-bottle-kit

We do get asked this quite often, usually for the same reason as you, people fancy trying wine as the beers/lagers are so easy and good. Just bear in mind that if you want to be brewing both beers and wines at the same time, you may need more vessels still. The Cellar 7 starter pack is very popular, what we tried to do was put together an equipment pack which was good quality, but without getting too expensive (one reason it doesn't come with wine bottles as people often keep their old ones and re-use them). We wanted to make sure the starter pack we put together ourselves though came with a good quality ingredients, and the decision we made was to add to it the Cellar 7 range. This is because it has more grape juice than cheaper kits, and needs no additional sugar adding - some kits need 3 to 4kgs of sugar. Cellar 7 is also ready to drink quickly, it benefits from being left in bottles for a few more weeks, but is good in the early stages too, and as the complete kit is currently £67.90 usually including free P&P including the ingredients to make 30 bottles, it works out at not much more than £2 a bottle including all the equipment, with the refills at just over £30 so around £1 a bottle for future batches of a very good wine when re-using the same equipment. It is here for your info;

http://home-brew-online.myshopify.com/collections/starter-kits/products/home-brew-online-starter-equipment-pack-wine-30-bottle-kit-with-choice-of-wine

There are many good wine ingredients out there, for all budgets, as a general rule the more you pay the better the quality of grape juice, but there are plenty of people who really enjoy cheaper kits such as WineBuddy or Solomon Grundy and place regular repeat orders. If just fancying a little dabble to begin with, many of the ranges have ingredients in 6 bottle versions rather than 30 bottle too

• Options
    GerryGerry Member Posts: 10
    If you are seriously going into brewing wine I suggest you purchase A couple of wine making books. 
    " Make your own wine  by Gloria Oxford" Or/and Home wine making  by Paul and Ann Turner. I purchased their books about 20 years ago and still use them . Sometimes with a little variation. You can make wine from carrots,potatoes,clover, apricots,balm,cowslips,currants.dandelions. elderflower,gooseberry.lemon.nettles, parsley, raspberry, rhubarb. tea,blackcurrant, broad bean ,cherry.plums.marygold, peach.plum beetroot.celery pea pod. ginger,  Plus a lot more. No need to buy expensive products.