Options

spirit wash

Russ2109Russ2109 Member Posts: 9
edited October 2012 in Welcome To The Forum

HI I'm Back little question .I have brewed the spirit wash ,got a really low hydro reading so I used activated carbon & then 24hr turbo klar fining's & left it 2 days but it is still a little cloudy is it worth racking off again & using another 24hr turbo klar , or is it as clear as it.s going to get . I am not distilling the wash just spicing up fruit juice & a couple of essences to try it out for Christmas . What do you think ? all your other advice has been very helpful & I'm learning daily. On another topic can you recommend a good brewing book not just for ale & lager but one that covers the basics for wine  as well.

Cheers Russ.

Comments

• Options
    HBO_StaffHBO_Staff Administrator Posts: 2,115
    edited October 2012

It depends which one you've used as to how clear it will get, but there is only so much it will do, so whilst it will improive the clarity it may not be totally clear. Check out things such as the Vodkastar which are specifically designed for when it wont be used with a still. The addition of a second probably wont make a big difference, and with the activated carbon this also really helps.

The books we stock at the moment are unfortunately not the best range and will be added to as the range is very limited. New lines are added all the time and the books will be increased asap, it's just finding space for it all! We have first steps in winemaking which covers many aspects which may be worth considering as it has sold a lot of copies due to it's useful information

http://home-brew-online.myshopify.com/collections/all/products/first-steps-in-winemaking