Options

Finlandia Premium Lager

jimmy2ksjimmy2ks Member Posts: 7
edited October 2012 in Beer Brewing
had a few goes now but still not carbonated enough i wait till fermentation stops then i bottle in 1 litre bottles with 3 carbonate drops i get a lot of sediment at the bottom but no fizz to speak of when i pour any suggestions guys

Comments

• Options
    HBO_StaffHBO_Staff Administrator Posts: 2,115
    edited October 2012
    This will be for a couple of reasons, try priming the bottles with 2 heaped teaspoons of sugar per 1 litre bottle instead on your next batch and see if it helps. Once you prime the bottles (with whatever you use, drops, sugar, enhancer, etc) leave them somewhere warm for a week, at least 20 degrees - this helps the sugar to dissolve and ferment - standing on a heater tray will help if it is cooler if possible. The main reason for under carbonation is often that the brew is not yet ready to drink. Once it has been left somewhere warm for a week, move it somewhere cooler and dark, maybe 12 to 14 degrees, and then leave it to condition for as long as possible. Often brews will be cloudy and flat if not ready, so leave it to clear and carbonate for a few more weeks. Brews can be ready in a couple of weeks, but the flavours are not at their best, so it is usually best to leave bottled for at least 4 to 6 weeks or longer for them to improve. After a couple of months in bottles they can taste totally different and a lot better, with the proper fizz too.
  • Options
    jimmy2ksjimmy2ks Member Posts: 7

thanks i will try that

• Options
    kirkykirky Member Posts: 2
    edited October 2012

Hi - I just noticed your thread m8 - I've just started my 3rd batch of Finlandia after very nice result, you can check out the images in the tread "beer brewing" - Finlandia Success. I used a good tea spoon of sugar per half liter, worked a dream, m8 - Good luck

Kirky

http://homebrewonline.vanillaforums.com/discussion/370/finlandia-success#latest

Brew your own