Options

brown sugar

Russ2109Russ2109 Member Posts: 9
edited October 2012 in Welcome To The Forum

hello again i'm sat here thinking of what to brew next , tried wine kits some are nicer than others , tried alcotec 1 gallon base spirit kit , got alcotec 48 hr turbo on the go at the moment, also got strawberry cider & a coopers lager going all for xmas if it lasts can you use brown sugar, say in a kit or will it taste dreadful ,can you use it with turbo yeast? I have definatly got the brewing bug. Oh by the way I carbonated some wine with a soda stream .not bad if you like cheap sparkling wine.

Cheers Russ.

Comments

• Options
    HBO_StaffHBO_Staff Administrator Posts: 2,115
    edited October 2012

This is really a case of experimenting, some brewers do use brown sugar but it will alter the taste, it may be more suited to darker drinks, but we usually use a brew enhancer or brewing sugar for most things. If you're looking for something new to try, we have a brand new range called the 'Ultimate Brewery Classics' which are made using the very best ingredients available, they also come with hop flavouring in liquid form which is added to the fermenting vessel after it is at a nice cool temperature to avoid affecting the flavour, and the results from the new kits are very impressive. We have sent one away to be independently tested by our friend Glenn at HomeBeerBrewery who will review it soon, so we're keen to hear what he thinks too;

http://home-brew-online.myshopify.com/collections/ultimate-classic-beer-kits