Options

Mexican Cerveza

BaronVanDuckBaronVanDuck Member Posts: 1
edited October 2012 in Beer Brewing

Morning,

Im just about to start my Mexican Cerveza and im a little confused...

On the instructions that came with the lager page 7 has notes for Brewing European Lager and that the yeast supplied behaves differently. My yeast packet says nothing about it being any different from the yeast i used last time and last time i checked Mexico was not in Europe.

It says to keep the lager at a temp of about 21 degrees and that i need to leave it for 12 weeks before drinking.

Does this apply for the Cerveza or is it just for European Lagers?

I was looking at brewing this like i did with my Coopers Original Lager, keeping at a temp between 25-26 degrees bottling after 6 days and then drinking after about 3 weeks.

Does that sound ok or do i need to brew at around 21 degrees and leave for 12?

Any tips or advice would again be greatly appreciated as what you have advised me so far has been really useful.

Cheers

Si

Comments

• Options
    HBO_StaffHBO_Staff Administrator Posts: 2,115
    You are fine to use the usual method with the Cerveza, it does not need as long as the European Lager which does take longer to condition in the bottles. Just brew it in the usual way as you did the Original Lager, and it will be ready to drink after a few weeks. It will benefit from being left longer in the bottles to condition and be at it's best though, as is the case with most brews