Options

adding hops to lager kit

stevostevo Member Posts: 10
edited September 2012 in Beer Brewing
I'm brewing the better brew czech pilsner kit because they are supposed to have a more hoppy taste. If this kit doesn't work as well as i hope I will try adding  saaz hops to my next lager kit to give it more of a European taste. what method would be better for me to try? Dry hopping or hop tea. 

Comments

• Options
    HBO_StaffHBO_Staff Administrator Posts: 2,115
    edited September 2012

To hop tea, or not to hop tea, that is the question. Personalising your brew with hops is a great way of altering things to your personal preference and you could do either, if you haven't seen the guide to hopping it is here on this link;

http://home-brew-online.myshopify.com/pages/hop-tea-and-dry-hopping

You can use either, but one thing to bear in mind id how strong you want the hop flavour to be, perhaps to begin with don't over infuse as it may be over-powering, it's a case of experimenting to get it how you want it. When you make the Czech Pilsner try and leave it for a while in the bottles as it's flavours and carbonation will then fully develop, if opened too soon it will lack something, an extra few weeks will make a difference to the taste.

Just to add another option, finishing hop pellets are also available in addition to dried hops