Options

Brupaks Linthwaite light

chopsterchopster Member Posts: 9
edited August 2012 in Beer Brewing
Hi
    Just wondering if any one has done this one before, I have had this one lying around for a while now but never tried it before, its just when pouring the cans into the fermenting vessel i noticed they appeared to be two completely different consistencies in that the first can was very light much lighter than anything i have brewed before however the second can was much darker similar to that which i normally brew eg  standard bitters, as i say i have had the kit a while but it was still well within date. I checked the cans and they had differing codes on the top however the larger code on the other side which i take as the batch number was the same.
Any thoughts appreciated.

Comments

• Options
    HBO_StaffHBO_Staff Administrator Posts: 2,115
    edited August 2012
    We don't have much knowledge on the Brupaks as we don't stock them, but one possible reason may be that the tins have different ingredients in them. Most kits have two tins of the same extract, but a few do have different tins which when mixed make the result intended by the manufacturers. It may be worth checking with your supplier of Brupaks as they will know the details of the range they stock who will know the reason for the difference, but unfortunatley we just don't know about that range so can't give a definite reason
  • Options
    chopsterchopster Member Posts: 9
    OK thanks for taking the time to reply anyway.