Options

Milestone black pearl stout

garygary Member Posts: 31
edited August 2012 in General Home Brew Chat
Another question about this one ,i read the instructions with this kit and inorder to use the yeast it instructs you to mix the yeast with 50ml of water at a temp of 35C with half a teaspoon of sugar,leave for 15mins then stir . then add the yeast to 250ml of wort,when this is fermenting add to the bulk wort ? .by the way the name of the yeast is gervin english ale yeast .please tell me all this carryon isnt necessary and you can simply sprinkle it on the wort as usuall to save all that hassle ?Aiming at gettin this one brewed and bottled asap before my hols come about  with thanks gaz . 

Comments

• Options
    HBO_StaffHBO_Staff Administrator Posts: 2,115
    Some yeast instructions do state to make the mxture first and to add it in the way you describe, and for best results you should follow the manufacturers guide, but plenty of people do just as you say, sprinkle it on top and give it a gentle stir. It is important to add the yeast to the wort as quickly as possible, as before the yeast is added is when it is at it's most vulnerable to infection, so try and add the yeast to the mix as soon as possible
  • Options
    garygary Member Posts: 31
     Champion ,,was hoping you would say that .with thanks gary.