Options

Oldie returning to the fold

GrenGren Member Posts: 1
edited July 2012 in Welcome To The Forum
Hi.

After a break of 30 years, I've decided to start brewing again. When we moved house 2 years ago, I gave away all my equipment. Grrrrrrrrr. The price of the equipment these days! :-O

So I've just ordered up a Brewery Kit and Wine Kit from Home Brew Online and I'll progress from there.

Back 30 years ago, I had a lot of success with brewing wine using real fruit and in some instances wine kits, but my attempts at beer making were pretty disastrous!

I've noticed the number of beers brands available these days is far more than their used to be, but some old familiar names are still around. Although i shall start the beer brewing using a kit, I hope to quickly start brewing using proper ingredients.

Wish me luck!

Comments

• Options
    HBO_StaffHBO_Staff Administrator Posts: 2,115
    Good luck! Not that you'll need it, the kits for both wine and beer have moved on tremendously, and you'll no doubt notice an improvement. The quality of the ingredients and the yeasts etc, have much improved, and even the cheaper beer and wine ingredients kits make a good tasting brew. Generally the more you spend the better the quality of the ingredients. If starting with a standard ingredients kit, you can then add spraymalts, enhancers and hops or hop pellets to make them to your own taste, and some kits such as York Brewery and the new Festival range due to be released in around a weeks time come with hop pellets included for extra taste. You can experiment with malts and hops etc and make your own, or there are many great kits to try which get great feedback. Let us know how you get on, and any questions just ask