Options

Planning on doing another Coopers Wheat

andyodellandyodell Member Posts: 20
edited July 2012 in Beer Brewing
I have done one Coopers Wheat beer which turned out very nice. I light refreshing beer.

I used the Coopers Wheat Beer Kit along with the Sugar and 500g of Wheat Spraymalt.

What would adding the Coopers Malt Extract - Wheat, do to this mix. Does it replace anything, or will adding it make it much different.

Thanks

Andy

Comments

• Options
    HBO_StaffHBO_Staff Administrator Posts: 2,115
    You have quite a few options when you start mixing in various spraymalts and malt extracts, and can really expriment and get it to your taste. Some Coopers kits recommend using a 1.5kg tin of their Malt Extract to brew them in addition to the original ingredients tin. With yours you could use the Coopers wheat beer kit and then add a full 1.5kg tin of Wheat Malt Extract instead of the sugar and wheat spraymalt and see what you think to that. If you add any Malt Extract to the recipe you tried with the sugar and the spraymalt, the added malt extract will ferment and increase the strenght of flavour and also the alcohol strength
  • Options
    andyodellandyodell Member Posts: 20

Thanks, thats really helpful.  So I could use all the ingrediants.  Was wondering if this was over the top.  I guess its just good to try things out and see what happens.

• Options
    HBO_StaffHBO_Staff Administrator Posts: 2,115

That's right it is often trial and error, sometimes it works out well, others not so great and you know not to do it again, but with these all being wheat in flavour the results should work OK, it's just a case of playing around and varying the quantities so it is not too strong or weak in flavour. If you add the sugar and wheat spraymalt to the Coopers wheat kit, and then the wheat malt extract too it will be quite strong, as the extract will also ferment. It may be worth using the Coopers Wheat kit and then try making it with a tin of wheat malt extract and no other sugar or spraymalt, or a combination of the two, perhaps half the tin of malt extract and just the spraymalt with no sugar, etc.