Options

spraymalt stirring

CohibaCohiba Member Posts: 1
edited April 2012 in Welcome To The Forum

Hello,

I have just made some Woodfords Wherry,when Putting it in a keg I added some spraymalt as required ,however, there was no indication if it should have been stirred I added it at random throughout the syphoning but as I could not get my paddle in the top of the keg I took this as an indication that it was not to be stirred.

Can anyone advise if stirring is required and just when the spraymalt should be added.

Comments

• Options
    HBO_StaffHBO_Staff Administrator Posts: 2,115
    You can add the spraymalt into the keg before you syphon, during, or after. It is best to give it a bit of a swill round to help it mix and this will make it dissolve more quickly, but don't worry if you haven't, it will dissolve and prime the keg. It needs to be kept somewhere a bit warmer for a few days to help it dissolve and kick-start the priming, then it can be moved somewhere cooler to clear and condition. By adding a bit at a time it will have mixed just nicely. You could add it all before or after filling next time, maybe give it a bit of a stir with something narrower, the other end of the spoon for example (just make sure it is clean)