Options

there are no silly questions just silly answers

BrigantiiBrigantii Member Posts: 3
edited April 2012 in Welcome To The Forum
My step daughter is getting married at a venue that charges the earth for average beers and spirits, her mother and sisters are talking about something to do with Bra's, and sneeking spirits, in them. I'm asking about, turbo yeasts and the makeing OF LEGAL STRENGTH none distilled beverages (can't afford a smart still, so have to stick with camden tablet to clean my tap water) can these yeasts be used without activated charcoal filtration? Or do I raid the fish tank surplies? 

Comments

• Options
    HBO_StaffHBO_Staff Administrator Posts: 2,115
    You can just make your wash with a turbo yeast as you said, if not distilling it might be best to use the triple still because it is purer, although not quite as strong, then you could clear the wash using turbo clear which would improve the finished product. You could then flavour it with an essence if you wanted a particular flavour
  • Options
    BrigantiiBrigantii Member Posts: 3

Firstly thanks for the responce.

Just another quick question if I may? On youtube there is a site "lovebrewing" they talk about a liqueur based additive used in conjunction with the essence, as being eccential to the overall result.

Yet I can find no other referance additive. Any ideas,as I dont want to spend money and not achieve the best results.  

• Options
    HBO_StaffHBO_Staff Administrator Posts: 2,115
    edited May 2012

They may be talking about Ezibase, you can get them for both for liqueurs and cream liqueurs, and we have them both in sugar free versions too, used to make better finished results, a link is here;

http://home-brew-online.myshopify.com/collections/all/products/ezibase-liqueur-mix

If you like Bourbon we also have Bourbon chunks - they are pieces of the actual barrels from distilliries including Jack Daniels, Jim Beam and the Wild Turkey distilleries which are soaked from storing bourbon, they can be used to impart flavour into alcohol for that real taste