Ist time

andyandy Member Posts: 1
edited April 2012 in Welcome To The Forum
Can anybody give me any major tips for first time

Comments

• Options
    HBO_StaffHBO_Staff Administrator Posts: 2,115
    edited April 2012

Hi Andy, the first batch can sometimes seem a little overwhelming and you can wory about the whole process, but we can assure you it's pretty easy and stright forward, the absolutely most important thin is to make sure everything is sterilised and clean - that doesn't mean you should be obsessive, just thorough.

We have put together a list of things to know and check, it's about the 7th item down on the Forum home page, a link to it is here;

http://homebrewonline.vanillaforums.com/discussion/137/just-starting-heres-a-handy-checklist-and-useful-things-to-know#Item_2

We feel it is a good guide and highlights a few things you shold check, and a few things we wish someone had told us before we made our first batches! Let us know how you get on or if we can help further....

• Options
    stevesteve Member Posts: 2

Hi  HBO_staff

i have just started up my first brew and was wondering how long i should leave it furrmenting in the brewing tub

its bee 2 days and has allready started furmenting

hope to hear from somebody very soon  

• Options
    HBO_StaffHBO_Staff Administrator Posts: 2,115
    edited May 2012
    It varies on the brew and the temperature it is brewing at, but whichever kit you are brewing the instructions for it will be specific to that ingredients kit. By using your hydrometer you can also check when fermentation is complete, some ingredients kits give a gravity reading to get to, others just say to wait until a certain period of time, check there is no sign of any bubbles rising from the brew, and that the hydrometer reading is steady and constant for 2 consecutive days in a row