Options

how much priming sugar

garygary Member Posts: 31
edited April 2012 in Welcome To The Forum
Im in the process of brewing john bull best bitter, its still in primary fermintation and im planning on putting it in glass 500ml bottles .I used gorrdie brew enhancer for the primary fermentation and im going to use coopers brew enhancer 2 for the secondary .Just wanted to know how much to use in each bottle?.Also as soon as that ones out the wort im gonna be doing a coopers indian pale ale ,a friend of mine said he used thomas  coopers i p a with 1kg of coopers  brew enhance 2 and 500g of  dried light malt extract spraymalt . Will this be ok ? this is also going in 500ml glass bottles with coopers brew enhance 2 for secondary fermentation ,Looking forward to  hearing from you .

Comments

• Options
    HBO_StaffHBO_Staff Administrator Posts: 2,115
    If you're going to prime with enhancer 2 we would suggest about a level teaspoon per 500ml bottle, which should be about right. The Coopers IPA is recomended by Coopers to be made with 500g of Light Dry Malt and 300g of sugar - so using 1000g of enhancer and also 500g of spraymalt would potentially make it stronger with the increased amounts of sugars, and also sweeter. Your friend will be able to best advise on how it turned out if he's already done it, the IPA can probably take this though, and we think it would probably turn out with a good result, but there is no reaso why not to experiment with brews and alter them to your liking and make something a bit different, let us know how you get on wont you....