Options

Newbie Directors Kit

Hi
I'm using a director's courage complete kit , the kit contains just the one fermenting vessel but muntons instructions that came with the ingredients says that after 5 days I'll need to transfer the beer into a separate fermenting bin which I don't have , do I need to get a separate bin or can I just ignore this step and complete in the supplied vessel ?
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    HBO_StaffHBO_Staff Administrator Posts: 2,115
    Hi MarkT, the starter kit should have had a note in there with an additional instruction to cover this, so apologies if it didn't, it should say:

'Please ignore stage 4 in the Directors kit instructions and follow these steps:

When fermentation is complete and you have a stable hydrometer reading it is time to bottle up your brew. Clean and sanitise your bottles, add one carbonation drop per bottle and proceed to bottle using the little bottler'

If we can help further just let us know, Cheers
  • Options
    MarkTMarkT Member Posts: 4
    Hi , I did find the note after posting on here ,many thanks for the reply though , on another issue, I've read a review recommending using 2 carb drops per bottle with the Directors kit as this creates a better head when poured , do you foresee any problems using 2 drops ?
    Thanks again
    Mark
  • Options
    Hi Mark, that's great news, the amount of carbonation drops you use can be varied to personal preference, the one thing you don't want to do is over-pressurise the bottles. If using 500ml bottles then 2 Crafty Fox carbonation drops is perfectly fine, often people use one drop for beers, and 2 drops for lager or cider (as they are often preferred with a bit more fizz), but you can use one or two per 500ml bottle to get it to your liking.

Of course if you are not sure, perhaps do some with one, and the rest with 2 drops, then compare and see which you prefer, maybe just write one or two on the lids so you know which is which
  • Options
    I will try that regarding the drops cheers , do I still need to add suger to the bottles if I'm using drops and if so does it need to be brewing or regular sugar ?
  • Options
    The drops are instead of sugar - they are sugar but in solid form for easier adding to bottles - don't use both!
  • Options