Options

Mangrove Jack's - American Pale Ale

BUDFORCEBUDFORCE Member Posts: 275
This is the first of three Mangrove Jack kits I have tried.

This is an American pale ale, and it is very similar to other brands of the same style I have tried.

Light, fragrant, hoppy but not to sharp, as you would expect, it does make a very good example of an American style pale ale.

Another bonus of this, is that the kit makes up a beer with 4.4% abv strength which is fair bit lighter than most/all of the equivalents, so is much more "sessionable" - (I believe is the correct term), or in plain english you can drink more of it on a school night!

Very good.

That being said, on a pure taste comparison, I think the Young's American Craft brewing range are a bit better, and some of the Bulldog brews kits. But, as a lighter alternative, this is a very good option.

My only other bug with these kits, is that Mangrove's "unique pouch technology", is actually a really terrible design, and makes life difficult getting all of the extract out of the pack.
Beer League: 1. Young's - American Pale Ale 2. Bulldog Brews - Imperial Red Bad Cat 3. Young's - IPA 4. Young's - American Amber Ale 5. Bulldog Brews - Evil Dog Double IPA

Comments

• Options
    HBO_StaffHBO_Staff Administrator Posts: 2,115
    edited September 2018
    Great review, interesting it is not quite as good as the Youngs American or Bulldog, but as you say some of those others can be really quite strong!

We have just been advised there is a new Lemon Sour coming out shortly in the Mangrove Jacks range, so we'll see how well that one is received