Options

Flat beer

DROOP6981DROOP6981 Member Posts: 7
So second every coopers lager.
First one was fizzy after 2 weeks, was bottled and kept indoors
Second one was bottled and after 7 days moved to garage...2 weeks after bottling I test a bottle and it's flat. Could this just be due to the cold and shall I bring back into warmth?

Any recommendations for other lagers to brew or hops to add?
I'm partial to a nice happy Czech lager

Comments

• Options
    BUDFORCEBUDFORCE Member Posts: 275
    It should have got a bit of fizz in it.

Only things I can suggest either the lid wasnt on airtight, or you forgot to add any sugar at secondary fermentation.

Beer League: 1. Young's - American Pale Ale 2. Bulldog Brews - Imperial Red Bad Cat 3. Young's - IPA 4. Young's - American Amber Ale 5. Bulldog Brews - Evil Dog Double IPA
  • Options
    Added 2 drops a bottle. It has a tiny fizz...no head... I really used lids and where tight... should I have bought new lids? 3 bottles flat have moved back Indoors
  • Options
    BUDFORCEBUDFORCE Member Posts: 275
    Oh ok,

If they have bit of fizz that means they are airtight, ok cool.

Yeah sounds like they just need a little longer, it may be that you were pretty effiecient with bottling in terms of removing most of the yeast, so it may need a little longer to build up and ferment that extra sugar.

Are the bottles clear now, is there a layer of sediment at the bottom?

I usually keep mine indoors a couple of weeks before putting them out.

As for recommendations, I have not tried any of the lagers sorry, but see my signature at the bottom for some good beers.
    Beer League: 1. Young's - American Pale Ale 2. Bulldog Brews - Imperial Red Bad Cat 3. Young's - IPA 4. Young's - American Amber Ale 5. Bulldog Brews - Evil Dog Double IPA
  • Options
    Excellent thanks... Yeah it was in fv for 10 days as I got called into work so couldn't bottle earlier
  • Options
    HBO_StaffHBO_Staff Administrator Posts: 2,115
    It can sometimes be temperature replated, keep them warm (around 20 degrees C) for another week, this will help the priming sugar to dissolve and secondary ferment. The Better Brew lagers are excellent - they are in a cheaper range but we left the Export Lager bottled or a few months and it was excellent served chilled - as good as some of the more expensive ones too:

http://www.home-brew-online.com/beer-kits-c1/better-brew-m23/lagers-and-pilsners-t176

If you like it really hoppy then add a hop tea bag to infuse some more flavour