Options

Bulldog Brews - Evil Dog Double IPA

BUDFORCEBUDFORCE Member Posts: 275
(also posted on the main site)

This beer instantly goes to number 5 of my all time brews. (I have tried quite a few now though!)

It's very smooth, not as hoppy or floral as the Young American Craft kits, but more balanced.

Just like Bulldog brews "Bad Cat" this is also one of those ones you really want to watch out for as it is so drinkable and really doesn't taste as strong as it is. You could drink it all evening, but more than a few bottles of this and you'll be passing out to a night of unconsious hallucinating followed by a day of the worst headache of your life!

Also takes slightly longer to clear then the Youngs kits, which are good to go in a little as 3 weeks, these need a few weeks on top of that in secodary fermentation. I'll be buying this again.

Beer League: 1. Young's - American Pale Ale 2. Bulldog Brews - Imperial Red Bad Cat 3. Young's - IPA 4. Young's - American Amber Ale 5. Bulldog Brews - Evil Dog Double IPA

Comments

• Options
    HBO_StaffHBO_Staff Administrator Posts: 2,115
    Great it turned out so well, the Bulldog range in general do get good feedback, the Evil Dog seems to be doing particularly well too - although it is another strong one!
  • Options
    These bulldog brews do take longer to clear I am finding.

This one has been another what, nearly 3 weeks since my first post? and it is only really starting to clear and fully condition, and it will have been minimum 3 weeks conditioning already when I posted above originally. I had the same with the Raja's Reward IPA.

Thing is the Young's American Brewing kits are good to go in as little as 3 weeks secondary and have fully conditioned and are completely clear. I'm not saying these bulldog brews kits are bad at all, infact they are very very good, but they are missing a trick somewhere.

Beer League: 1. Young's - American Pale Ale 2. Bulldog Brews - Imperial Red Bad Cat 3. Young's - IPA 4. Young's - American Amber Ale 5. Bulldog Brews - Evil Dog Double IPA
  • Options
    Things is, and, sorry to go on about this. But once conditioned I think the Bulldog brews kits are on par with the Young's kits, but you gotta factor in the timescales.
  • Options
    HBO_StaffHBO_Staff Administrator Posts: 2,115
    That's good for people to know, for some the speed is very important whilst others will wait for quality, we tend to store all of ours for a while anyway so it doesn't affect us too much if the take a while to condition in the bottles