Options

Making wines like those you buy (book)

MasterofArtsMasterofArts Member Posts: 21
I was going to buy this book from you guys but I was at a brick a brac and picked this old version up for 50p

For its age it seems a fairly comprehensive little book.

Im not a massive fan of alternative fruit wines but having a brief glimpse I think ill learn a lot from this book.

Comments

• Options
    HBO_StaffHBO_Staff Administrator Posts: 2,115
    Sounds like you spotted a bargain, it should have lots of helpful information in there and is definitely worth a read - you may even make a profit of you re-sell once finished with it!
  • Options
    edited November 2015
    Notice the 35p in the pic this must be an old version.

I couldnt make money from wine id drink all my profits

Im best just making it for me.

Ive sent a santa list to family members gonny move up to 30 bottle kits so gave them ur website ;)
  • Options
    HBO_StaffHBO_Staff Administrator Posts: 2,115
    edited November 2015
    That certainly is an old looking book, not that much has changed in winemaking and fermentation though so it will still be an interesting read, some of the new versions of books are just new reprints. Making 30 bottles is often a good idea as they don't take any longer to make/ferment etc, but longer to bottle of course though, but the main advantage is the refill ingredients tend to work out better value for larger batches especially if you have found some you like and want to make more of them. The 30 bottle refills are also available in premium versions with higher quality grape juice such as Kenridge and WinExpert etc too
  • Options
    I will have a look at the kenridge and wine expert, thank you :)