Options

The Bermondsey Mile

Thought I would share this little gem with you guys here.

It's something I've done twice now whilst visiting London and makes a great day out that even the misses enjoyed.

More information here: http://www.standard.co.uk/goingout/bars/bermondsey-beer-miles-craft-beer-crawl-9250311.html

Basically you do a "crawl" of micro brewerys that are all within a mile of each other. They all sell their beer to the public and whilst I wouldn't say they are pubs as such, most of them have some seating etc.

That article is old and there are now about 7 or 8 brewerys now down there. Most of which are built into the railways arches down there. Its worth mapping out first so you know where you are going, and I would recommend doing it in the order that is in that article, starting with Four Pure- getting off the tube at Bermondsey and walking about 10 minutes to get there. Then you can work back towards Tower Bridge (you'll have The Shard roughly infront of you as you go). Some of them (including Four Pure) can be tricky to find so map it out before you go!

Some of the beers are some of the best I have ever has and are well worth it, Four Pure and the Kernel are particularly good. You gotta just leave early at they open about 9 or 10am but the Kernel closes at 2pm which is roughly half way round so make sure you get there with an hour at least as the beer there is fantastic and many to choose from.

Can't recommend it enough.

If you are planning on going and want more info give me a shout.

Beer League: 1. Young's - American Pale Ale 2. Bulldog Brews - Imperial Red Bad Cat 3. Young's - IPA 4. Young's - American Amber Ale 5. Bulldog Brews - Evil Dog Double IPA