Options

Hermes are useless

WCGWCG Member Posts: 120
Any chance of NOT using Hermes to deliver any of my future orders, as they have got to be the worst delivery company going.

Yesterday I received an update from them saying : 'We’ve got your Hermes parcel and your local courier will be delivering it today. We’ll deliver your parcel: Between 11am and 3pm'
All well and good, you'd think.....except that update was sent at 15:08hrs, so after the parcel was supposed to have been delivered!
Funnily enough, that update mysteriously disappeared off their tracking site ( nothing new there ) and then reappeared with an alleged 'sent' time of 11:49hrs.

Today when I checked their tracking site ( having received no E-Mail update since the aforementioned one ) I found the following.....

11:49 - Fri 01 Nov
Your friendly local courier will try to deliver between 11:00 and 15:00 today

06:46 - Sat 02 Nov
Your parcel is at our local depot and on its way to you

08:59 - Sat 02 Nov
We tried to deliver your parcel today but you weren't in or there was no safe place to leave it. We'll try again on the next working day.

12:50 - Sat 02 Nov
We're sorry your parcel has been delayed, we'll have it on the move in the next 24 hours

Completely nonsensical, isn't it.

And as for the claim that there was nobody in when the supposed delivery attempt was made, not for the first time with Hermes this is a complete pack of lies.
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    And now two more updates on their tracking site....
    13:45 - Sat 02 Nov
    Your parcel is on its way to you today

13:58 - Sat 02 Nov
    Your friendly local courier will try to deliver between 13:00 and 17:00 today

Note the time on the second one....an hour after the start of the delivery window ! :s
  • Options
    And another update...
    14:02 - Sat 02 Nov
    There's been a slight delay with your delivery, we'll get your parcel to you as soon as possible. Check back again in the morning for an update!

So 4 minutes after the update saying it's out for delivery they say it's delayed.
    Truly pathetic.
  • Options
    HBO_StaffHBO_Staff Administrator Posts: 2,115
    Hi WCG, sorry to hear there is an issue with the courier, with all the couriers we get reports of this from time to time unfortunately but we are more than happy to find out what is happening and resolve any issue for you. Would you be able to email us at sales@home-brew-online.co.uk with details of your order or call us on 01904 791600 and we will resolve this asap for you.

Occasionally we get reports from customers that they have issues on particular delivery routes with specific couriers or they don't like using a particular courier, depending on the size and weight of the order there should be a few options to choose from, either Royal Mail for lighter orders, or Hermes or DPD for heavier and larger orders which hopefully will help.

Apologies for the delivery issue as we do rely heavily on the couriers, if you email or call us with the specific order details please and we will contact the couriers for you and sort this out
  • Options
    Parcel was delivered this morning...
    11:18 - Mon 04 Nov
    Your friendly local courier will try to deliver between 11:00 and 15:00 today

Except that it was delivered before 11:00hrs.
    I've usually found that issues tend not to be down to the driver but are instead down to the main/local depots.
  • Options
    HBO_StaffHBO_Staff Administrator Posts: 2,115
    Thanks for your update, great news it has arrived with you. Again apologies they have not been as good as they should have with the parcel, any further delivery issues please just let us know