SALE on selected bottling equipment and heater products ends soon!

HBO_StaffHBO_Staff Administrator Posts: 2,115
January sale on selected bottling and heater products ends soon:

http://www.home-brew-online.com/sale

Comments

• BUDFORCEBUDFORCE Member Posts: 275
    I ordered 5 of those black rock IPA kits that were on offer, and 5 different varieties of the charles farm hop pellets (100g):

Sterling
    Admiral
    Magnum
    Galena
    Target

Fantastic value on the black rock kits, I have tried one of those before and they are pretty decent on their own, the hop addition I am sure will make them spot on to my tastes.

As I have 5 of the same kits, I plan to use those as a stable base, to test all 5 different hops on to try out the various different characteristics of each variety of hop.

What I will do is save a bottle from each, then at the end (probably looking at 6 months or so here, maybe longer) but I will taste test all 5 together, then do a write up here on each one.

I am already prettty familiar with Simcoe and Citra hops, 2 very fine American hop varieties, so this will be a good opportunity to get to know some of the others.
    Beer League: 1. Young's - American Pale Ale 2. Bulldog Brews - Imperial Red Bad Cat 3. Young's - IPA 4. Young's - American Amber Ale 5. Bulldog Brews - Evil Dog Double IPA
  • BUDFORCEBUDFORCE Member Posts: 275

Actually I just checked the review I put on the black rock kit and I added 100g of hops in that one, and tt was pretty good reading what I put.

Plus that was a bitter kit as a base, and prefer IPA as these are, so I am looking forward to my little experiment.
    Beer League: 1. Young's - American Pale Ale 2. Bulldog Brews - Imperial Red Bad Cat 3. Young's - IPA 4. Young's - American Amber Ale 5. Bulldog Brews - Evil Dog Double IPA