Options

How much hop?

MikeHMikeH Member Posts: 67
Hello,

I've just made a micro-brew of 5l with Coopers light malt extract and a 25g Cascade hop teabag. It's really nice and I want to make a full 23l brew in the future of this, using a full can of CLME. One thing I'm not sure about is how much hop to use. I want to hop the Sh*t out of this brew, really into a BIG hop flavour right now. Have liked Brew Dog Punk IPA for a long time and had some Hip-Hop-Otomous the other day (if you haven't had it go to Aldi now and buy a bottle it's rather good). I want to brew something like that. Razorback IPA is sensational and want to create my own big hop beer. Any pointers on how much hop to use for a massive balls-out hop flavour would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers, Mike...
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    BUDFORCEBUDFORCE Member Posts: 275
    Sounds like you like it hoppy. Probably need this much, it's the onyl way to be sure.

Beer League: 1. Young's - American Pale Ale 2. Bulldog Brews - Imperial Red Bad Cat 3. Young's - IPA 4. Young's - American Amber Ale 5. Bulldog Brews - Evil Dog Double IPA
  • Options
    Hahaha! Love it. Just imagine what that room smells like!
  • Options
    BUDFORCEBUDFORCE Member Posts: 275
    If your using pelleted hops dry hopping with that quantity I'd say 150g to try first. Its 4x and a bit what you previously used so in theory will be a touch hopier.
    Beer League: 1. Young's - American Pale Ale 2. Bulldog Brews - Imperial Red Bad Cat 3. Young's - IPA 4. Young's - American Amber Ale 5. Bulldog Brews - Evil Dog Double IPA
  • Options
    Thanks for the pointer. I didn't know if it would be a linear thing or not. Unless I receive any other information that's what I'll go with an try and remember to post back here with the results when I do it. Probably won't be 'till well into the new year when funds become available for a new HBO order.

Cheers, Mike...